Japan part 1: Hakone

The stars are aligned and after having so many people telling me how amazing Japan is, I finally got to go last year. Not only first time going to Japan, but I was also lucky enough to go during spring. On this post I want to talk about highlights on our trip to cute little town Hakone.

First of all, the best of the best is that this is the very first time I got to experience staying in Japanese ryokan. I don't have any good snaps of our accommodation, but we stayed at Shinanoki Ichinoyu. Mind you I haven't tried any other ryokan, I have nothing to compare this to - but for me personally I LOVE it there and enjoyed our stay very very much. We picked the room that comes with our own private little onsen. The dinner and breakfast were served in the restaurant instead of our room, but I didn't mind that at all. Urgh. Reminiscing about this all makes me want to go back to Japan already.

So. We didn't have much time as we were only staying overnight. We got a nice sunny day and got on to the cable car then did the Hakone sightseeing cruise around Lake Ashi. It was touristy but having not been here before I guess it's the one time activity that we got to do. While it was bright and sunny, unfortunately we didn't get to see Mount Fuji. Oh well, maybe next time. 






Day 2 of our trip, sadly it was cold and raining. All good though. I mean.. we were in Japan! So much excitement regardless what the weather was like anyway. Because of the rain and all that, we looked for somewhere convenient and close to our accomodation and decided to visit The Little Prince Museum which is super cute. And also very French. 






Okay, that is all for now. Part 1 of Japan done. A few more to go!

Comments